Doctor’s Name Dr. Tony Fernandes (Click to see Dr. Tony's website)
Doctor’s Name Dr. E.J. Mani (visiting)
Doctor’s Name Dr. T.P .Ittyerah (Tholath Peter Ittyerah)
Qualifications M.B.B.S : Medical College, Alleppey, Kerala University, 1969
M.S. (Ophthalmology) : Banarus Hindu University, Varanasi.UP , 1973
M.Phil (Hospital & Health System Management) : Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani ,1995
Medical council registration
Travancore - Cochin Council of Modem Medicines Registration No.4120 A Class, dated 31.3.1970
Madras Medical Council, Registration No.20482, A Class, dated 23-4-1970.
Thesis and Dissertation:
Thesis for MS -Mucopolysaccharides in Primary Glaucoma.
Dissertation for M. Phil- Modem Management in Eye Banking.
Fellow of lnternational College of Surgeons (Retina & Ocuioplasty) F1CS
Fellow - St. Vincentius Krankenhauser, Karlsruhe. Germany
Paul Harris Feiiow Rotary International
Teaching Experience in Hospital Management:
Guest Lecturer in Hospital Administration in School of Medical Education under Mahatma Gandhi University for B.Sc Optometry from 1995
Junior Lecturer in Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, Christian Medical College, Vellore; 20-10-1973 -06-06-1974.
Chief Ophthalmologist, Pushpagiri Hospital, Tiruvalla. Kerala, 06-06-1974 - 31-10-1975.
Ophthalmic Surgeon & Head of the Department, CBM Ophthalmic Institute, Little Flower Hospital, Angamaly, Kerala; 1990 -2001.
Honorary Service and Memberships;
Editor, Kerala State Ophthalmological Society's Journal for the years 1977,78,79, 80 &82.
Editor, Kerala Medical Journal 1986.
Managing Editor, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 1990 & 1991.
Chief Editor, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 1992.
Secretary. Eye Bank Association, Kerala, Angamaly, 1991 to 2004.
Vice President (1987) & President (1988) of Kerala State Ophthalmological Society.
President, Indian Medical Association, Madhya Kerala Branch, 1990 & 1991.
Chairman, Scientific Committee & Joint Organizing Secretary, 43rd All India Ophthalmological Conference Cochin 1984.
Chairman Organizing Committee & Kerala State Ophthalmological Conference, Angamaly 1996.
Joint Organizing Secretary for the International College of Surgeons South Zone Meeting
held at Little Flower Hospital, Angamaiy on 12th & 13th September, 1992
Knight of the Blind, Lions International District 324, 1994-95.
T. K .Alexander Memorial Oration & Gold Medal -Presented by Kerala State Ophthalmological Society, 2002.
Participated in the VIth Workshop in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery conducted at R.P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 25-07 to 06-08-1977.
Participated in Vitreous Study & Surgery course conducted at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai by Dr. G. Peyman, University of Illinois, Chicago & Dr. P. Namperumalsamy, Madurai on 3rd & 4th February. 1979.
Participated in the Post Doctoral Workshop on Retinal Detachment and Fluorescein Angiography at RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, Ail India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 12-11-1979 to 24-11-1979.
Had training in Retinal & Vitreous Diseases at Sankara Netralaya, Madras under Dr. S. S.Badrinath.
Had undergone training in Vitreo-retinal surgery and Phacoemulsification under Prof.Rentsch of St. Vincentius Hospital, Germany, June -September, 1986
Scientific Papers Published:
Author & Co-author of more than 50 scientific papers.
Invited Guest Speaker:
Kamataka State Ophthalmological Society Meeting, Mysore 3 992.
International Symposium on Vitreo Retinal Surgery at Sankara Nethraiaya, Madras, 1995.
Keynote address on “Decision making in management of vitreoretinal diseases" at Southern Regional Ophthalmology Conference, Manipal, 1996
Guest Faculty Lecture on "Role of Vitreous Surgery in Primary Rhegmatogeneous Retinal Detachment" at the Global Meet on Vitreo-retinal Surgery, Madras, 1997.
M. G. University, Bachelor of Optometry.
Diplomat of National Board in Retina
Doctor’s Name Dr. Freddy T. Simon
Qualifications MBBS, MD(AIIMS), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Glasg), DNB
Dr Freddy had his basic ophthalmology training at the RP Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi. He trained in England for 3 years and then joined as consultant at Little Flower Hospital, Angamaly. He has presented papers and participitated in various conferences and workshops. He did an observer ship at the Peidmont Better Vision Centre, Atlanta , Georgia, US under Dr. Alan Kozarsky to observe DSAEK.
August 2008- present Consultant Dr Tony’s Superspeciality Eye Insitute, Aluva
Mar 2002- July 2008 Consultant Little Flower Hospital
2000-2002- SHO Blackpool Victoria hospital, Blackpool, England.
1999-2000- SHO Scunthorpe General Hospital, Scunthorpe ,England
1997-1998 Fellow Little Flower Hospital Angamaly
!994-1997 MD, Dr RP Centre of Ophthalmic sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi
1986-1993 MBBS and internship at Trivandrum Medical College
Doctor’s Name Dr E Ravindra Mohan MBBS (AIIMS, New Delhi), MD (AIIMS), FRCS (Ed)
Dr Ravindra Mohan obtained his MBBS degree from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He underwent residency training in ophthalmology at the Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences at AIIMS, New Delhi. During his period of training, he held leadership positions including those of Vice-President and President of the Student’s Union, Joint Secretary and later, Secretary of the Ophthalmic Research Association. After residency training, he was Senior Resident in the division of Oculoplasty, Orbital Surgery and Pediatric Ophthalmology for 3 years. He passed the Fellowship examinations of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Ophthalmology,at Edinburgh in May 1998. He joined Sankara Nethralaya as a consultant staff in October 1998, and was appointed Head of Department,and Director, Department of Oculoplasty, Orbital Surgery and Trauma in April 2005. In August 2005, he was appointed Visiting Professor of Ophthalmology at Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Deemed University, Chennai.He left Sankara Nethralaya in May 2009,and thereafter,set up Trinethra Eye Clinic at Chennai,focussed on high quality Oculoplastic care.He is also a Visiting Consultant and Oculplastic Surgeon at a number of hospitals across the country
He has attended more than 100 professional meetings including as Chairperson & Moderator, both at the national and international level including the International Congress of Ophthalmology,Meeting of European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, International Congress of Ocular Oncology & Singapore National Eye Centre Meeting. He has over 70 paper presentations, over a dozen poster and video presentations, and has delivered over 50 invited talks including named orations He has over two dozen publications to his credit, including those in prestigious journals like Survey of Ophthalmology, Eye, Orbit, Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery,and Indian Journal of Ophthalmology. He has been the recipient of the prestigious International Young Scientists Travel Grant of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in 1994. Dr Ravindra Mohan is a reviewer for the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology-Journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology,Middle East Africa Journal Of Ophthalmology,and Ocular Immunology And Inflammation; an abstract reviewer for the All India Ophthalmological Society and an invited paper discussant for the Annual Conference of the All India Ophthalmological Society. Dr Mohan has been an International Judge for the Singapore National Healthcare Group Eye Institute-Pfizer Research Prizes Awards for the years 2008 and 2009.He has been closely associated with the activities of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in India. He has organized various academic programmes at the local,national ,and international levels in various capacities.He has taught,trained and guided students at various levels of training in ophthalmology and eyecare and led the Fellowship program in Oculoplasty at Sankara Nethralaya for a number of years
His areas of continued interest include minimally invasive lacrimal and orbital surgery, cosmetic eyelid surgery especially ptosis surgery, orbital tumours, cosmetic rehabilitation of the anophthalmic socket,management of thyroid eye disease, and management of blepharospasm and related conditions
Name : Dr. Gigi Augustine, DNB, DO (Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon)
M.B.B.S – Medical College Thrissur – 1996.
D.O – Regional Institute of Ophthalmology,Thiruvanthapuram - 2002
DNB – Little Flower Hospital & Research Centre Angamaly- 2006.
Fellow in Ophthalmology-KMC, Mangalore -1999. Junior Consultant, Alexanders Eye Centre & Research
Institute, Palarivattam 2002-2003 Little Flower Hospital & Research Centre, Angamaly 2004-2006.
Consultant, Little Flower Hospital Annexe, Koonammavu 2006-2008.
Presented scientific papers & participated in various conferences & workshops Published paper in journals
Areas of Interest
Cataract Surgery – Phacoemulsification with foldable intraocular lens implantation. – Smal Incision Cataract Surgery
Management of strabismus
Management of glaucoma
Medical retina & lasers
Management of ocular trauma
Name DR.ANABI SHAHI.A
MBBS - Govt: Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, 1995
D.O DNB - Govt: Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, 2000
M.S - Govt: Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, 2001
ICO - Passed Part 1 and Part 2 exam Conducted by International Council of ophthalmology
Areas Of Interest
Medical Retina and Lasers
Has undergone training in small incision cataract surgery in KG Eye Hospital Coimbatore
Training in contact lens from L.V Prasad Eye Institute ,Hyderabad
Training in medical Retina and Lasers from Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore
July 2009 till date : Consultant in Dr.Tony’s Super Specialty Eye Institute, Aluva
2004 - 2009 : Consultant in Alexander Eye center, Palarivattom
2003 - 2004 : working as consultant in a multispecialty Hospital in Cochin
2002 - 2003 : working as teaching faculty in Amritha Institute of medical science, Cochin
2001 - 2002 : Junior Consultant, Ranjini Eye care, Vytilla, Cochin
Doctor’s Name Dr. YVONNE FERNANDEZ
M.B.B.S from Medical College, Calicut
Diploma in Anaesthesiology from Christian Medical College, Vellore
Areas Expertise : Paediatric Anaesthesia
Relevant work experience
Worked as Head of the Department of Anaesthesiology of the prestigious Little Flower Hospital ,Angamaly, Since 1967.Retired and was
working as Hon.Visiting Consultant in the same hospital for the last 15 years.
Now working as Consultant Anaesthetist at Dr.TONY’s Superspeciality Eye Institute, Aluva.
Doctor’s Name :Dr. Rani John
DA :Passed out in 1995 from Medical college Kottayam. Underwent training for DNB, cleared Theory not cleared Practicals
MBBS :Passed from TDMC Alappuzha in 1988
Senior house surgeoncy in General Medicine in the year 1988-89 Certificate course in Pain and Palliative Medicine in 2008
Worked as lecture in the Dept of anesthesia in Medical College Kottayam in the year 1995-95
Worked as consultant anesthesiologist in Various Multispecialty hospitals in all surgical department From the year 1997 -2008
Worked in the department of Pain and Palliative Medicine as a medical officer under National Rural health Mission in the year 2008 – 2010 till now
Attended many state level and National level conference in anesthesiology and critical care in the last 17 years.
Work up and Thesis presentation done on the subject 'Comparison of the regional techniques-Caudal Epidural Block, Subarachnoid Block and Penile Block in Padiatric Urogenital surgeries'
Travancore Cochin Medical council Registration for MBBS and D A attained.
Doctor’s Name Dr. SONIA. K. NJAVALLY , RTCMC REG NO: 25875
FELLOWSHIP IN GLAUCOMA - ARAVIND HOSPITAL MADURAI 2008
M.S OPTHALMOLOGY – G.R GOVT. MEDICAL COLLEGE GWALIOR. MADHYAPRADESH -2003
M.B.B.S – 1997 – GOVT MEDICAL COLLEGE KOTTAYAM
ICO – PASSED PART 1 & PART 2 EXAM BY INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF OPTHAL UK
MAY 2010 – Newer Trends in Phaco emulsification surgery training at Mahaveer Eye Hospital Bangalore
01-02-2007 to 30-08-2008 Long term fellowship in Glaucoma, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
01-11-2006 to 30-11-2006 Training in Phaco emulsification surgery, Joseph Eye Hospital, Thiruchirappally
03-07-2006 to 31-08-2006 Short term training in Glaucoma , Aravind Eye Hospital, Thirunelveli
02-02-2006 to 28-02-2006 and 01-08-2004 to 28-08-2004 Short term training in diabetic retinopathy and laser, Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore
01-01-2004 to 30-06-2004 Fellowship in IOL microsurgery K.G Eye Hospital, Coimbatore
12-01-2009 to 31-12-2010 Consultant in Glaucoma , Al Salama Eye Hospital, Perintalmanna
2005 – Worked as Registrar in the department of Glaucoma – Wockhardt Eye Hospital Mumbai.
Attend and presented in various conferences , member of various scientific committees
Small incisions Cataract Surgery
Doctor’s Name Dr.JYOTHI KRISHNAN
D.O - Government Opthalmic Hospital (Kerala University) (1988)
M.B.B.S – Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala University (1983)
M.B.A (Hospital Administration) Bharathiar University (2010)
Fellowship The Eye Research Foundation (TERF) Chennai (1990)
Intern at Trivandrum Medical College --- 1983
Fellow at TERF, Chennai --- 1990-1991
Junior consultant at Kovai Medical Centre, Coimbatore ---- 1994- 1996
Junior staff at Cork University Hospital, Ireland ---- 1997-1998
Independent clinic at Aluva, Kerala ( consultant) -- 1998-2001
Senior consultant at Arogyalayam Hospital, Aluva -- 2001-2007
Mulamootil eye hospital,Kozhencherry,, Kerala --- 2008-2009
Senior consultant and hospital administrator at Arogyalayam --- 2009
Doctor’s Name Dr. BIMAL. V.J
MS (OPHTHALMOLOGY) - Govt. Medical College Trivandrum ( Regional Institute of Ophthalmology)
Post Graduate Diploma in Ophthalmology - Govt. Medical College Trivandrum
(D.O) (Regional Institute of Ophthalmology)
1) A Participant of WHO organized India CLEN safe injection practices project held at Cochin in 2002
2) Second place holder in Prelims of All India Ophthalmology Quiz organized by ALLERGAN & L.V PRASAD Eye institute in 2009
3) Adjudged Qualified in Prelims of All India Ophthalmology Quiz organized by ALLERGAN in 2010 ( Final round expected on Nov 20 , 21 at MMC Chennai)
4) Conducted Community based study on Diabetic Retinopathy in Rural areas of Trivandrum District.
Doctor’s Name Dr. Binu Balan Parambath (M. B. B. S., D.O.M.S, D.N.B., F.I.C.O )
M.B.B.S - S.R.T.R. Govt Medical College, Ambejogai, Maharashtra
D.O.M.S - Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
Dip. N.B. - CBM Ophthalmic Institute, Little Flower Hospital, Angamally, Kerala
F I C O (Fellow of International Council of Ophthalmology)
1) "Dr. Bhalchandra Award" for standing first in D.O.M.S. exam held in Oct/Nov. 1997 conducted by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Martathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
1) Worked in Dpt. Of Ophthalmology, Govt. Medical College Aurangabad, Maharashtra as Post Graduate student from Dec. 1995 to Nov. 1997. During this period I have been trained to perform all minor and major surgeries (Cataract, Glaucoma, D.C.T., D.C.R., IOL etc.)
2) Worked at C. B. M. Ophthalmic Institute, Little Flower Hospital Angamally for 2 years from Feb 1998 to Feb 2000 as a D. N. B. candidate under the able guidance of Dr Tony Fernandez
3) Trainee Consultant in Sankara Netralaya, Chennai in Squint and Neuro- ophthalmology from April 2000 to July 2000.
4) Consultant at Shri Ganapati Netralaya, Jalna , Maharashtra in Dept. of Squint & Neuro- ophthalmology and Cataract from Aug. 2000 to Aug 2004.
5) Head of dept. Pediatric Ophthalmology at Al Salama Eye Hospital , Perinthalmanna, Malappuram dist , Kerala since Sept 2004 to August 2010.
6) The Secretary of Malappuram Opthalmological Society 2007 to 2010
7) Chief Ophthalmologist & CMO at Ahalia Foundation Eye Hospital , Kochi , Kerala from Sept 2010 to May 2011
8) Presently working as Pediatric Ophthalmologist at Lotus Eye Care Hospital ,Kochi since june 2011 till date.
Lectures delivered in various C.M.E'S and conferences :
1) "Evaluation of Squint" and "Neuro-opthalmic Diagnosis that you will hate to miss", at Shri Ganapati Netralaya, Jalna , Maharashtra.
2) "Adjustable Sutures in Squint Surgeries" - Invited Faculty at National Strabismological Society Conference held at Hyderabad in 2002.
3) "Post Traumatic Diplopia" - National Occuloplasty Meet 2003 at Shri Ganapati Netralaya, Jalna, Maharashtra.
4) "Adjustable Sutures in Squint Surgeries" - Invited Faculty for C. M. E. on Squint held at Pravara Medical College, Loni, Maharashtra.(2004)
5) "Dissociated Vertical Deviation" -- Invited Faculty at National Conference of Strabismological Society of India held at Cochin in 27th & 28th Sept. 2003.
6) "Amblyopia " -- at Malapuram Ophthalmologic society 19/12/2004
7) "Pediatric Ophthalmology – an overview " - at IMA Perinthalmanna CME 2005.
8) "Operation Theater Asepsis " --- at Malapuram Ophthalmologic society 5/3/2006
9) "Capsulorrhexis techniques " and " Phacoemulsification in Hard Cataract " --- at Malapuram Ophthalmologic society CME 8/4/07
10) "Squint management – A Practical approach " at Palakad Ophthalmological Society CME.
11) "Vernal Kerato – conjunctivitis – Recent trends in management" at KSOS 2010
12) "Congenital Naso-lacrimal duct obstruction" at KSOS 2011 (Trichure)
13) "Debate – IOL Explant is better than Piggyback IOL in post cataract surgery Refractive surprise," at KSOS 2011 (Trichure)
14) "Pediatric Ophthalmology – An Overview – IMA Paravoor Oct 2012
15) "Pediatric Cataract – PostOp visual rehabilitation – CME conducted by GEI– Kochi 2012
16) "Pediatric Cataract – What to look forward to?" – CME by Little Flower , Angamaly2012
17) "OP Assessment of Neonates to 4 yrs : Role of General Ophthalmologist "– CME Pallakad ophthalmological Society 2012.
18)"Amblyopia- Regimen today" – KSOS 2012
19) " Visual rehabilitation – An uphill task after Pediatric cataract Surgery" – KSOS 2012